Les Chevaux Patache d’Aux

The Chevaliers d’Aux, descendants of the Comtes d’Armagnac, were the first owners of this Estate in Bégadan in 1632.

Seized as a state property in the Year IV of the French Revolution, this estate was then turned into a relay for stagecoaches, better known in the Medoc under the name “Patache”.

Read More…

Classified as a Cru Bourgeois in 1932, this estate has been owned by the Lapalu family since 1964.

Powerful and concentrated, the wines of Patache d’Aux present a remarkable ability for ageing. It is always amazing to notice the aromatic freshness and the solid structure of certain vintages after 10 or 15 years.