Bronco Wine Company donates to the viticulture and enology programs at Cal Poly. The company matches any employee donations to higher education. Please visit our Employee Handbook. We have had many family members graduate from Cal Poly and actively support future graduates.
– John’s 2 sons – Paul Franzia graduated with BA Economics in 1990 and Brian Franzia graduated with BA Fruit Science in 1993.
– John Paul, Paul’s son, graduated with BS Business concentrating in Finance & Accounting in 2018.
– John Franzia sits on the Advisory Board of School of Business
Bronco Wine Company donated to build the Bronco Wine Pavilion Building that has classrooms and laboratories to collaborate for the advancement in viticulture and enology field of studies.
Bronco Wine Company annually funds the Bronco Viticulture Chair. Bronco Wine Company has had a long working relationship due to the ever growing development of programs and graduates.
– Fred T. Franzia, sits on the Board of Fellows
– Luca Brilliante, Ph D. Bronco Chair for Viticulture Research Grad Student Coordinator
Bronco Wine Company donates to the viticulture and agriculture program that helps build business people in our growing industry by having a board position. BWC has had a long working relationship due to the ever growing development of programs and graduates.
– Arleen Wallen, BWC controller, sits on Advisory Board for the School of Business and a graduate of Cal State Stanislaus
– Dan Leonard, BWC CFO, former board member on Advisory Board for the School of Business
The Richard P. Vine Enology Library houses a vast anthology of international wine books, including J.J. Dufour’s original American Vine-Dresser’s Guide from 1826 and a precious collection of hundreds of bottles of fine wines from around the world. The library was established in 1998 and is supported by a generous donation from vintner Fred T. Franzia and the Bronco Wine Company.
Santa Clara University
Bronco Wine Company donates to the Jesuit housing and education fund at Santa Clara University.
Joseph S. Franzia ‘64 and Fred T. Franzia ‘65 graduated from Santa Clara University. Joseph also received his Master’s in Business. John Franzia graduated from UC Davis from Agriculture Business in 1962 and supports the Catholic teachers.
– Lisa Franzia ‘96, Joseph’s daughter, sits on the Board of Fellows
– Renata Franzia Price ’90, Fred’s daughter, sits on the Jesuit School of Theology (JST) board.
The statue that you see as you enter UC Merced was donated by John, Joseph S. and Fred T. Franzia along with other generous donors to support this gift to a local University. The statue is entitled “Beginnings” and was inspired by former Acting Chancellor Rod Park in 2006 and conceived by noted American sculptor Aris Demetrios.
Bronco Wine Company has had a long working relationship due to the ever growing development of programs and graduates.
– For more information visit: http://dc.ucmerced.edu/beginnings
Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots
Marine’s Toys for Tots Drive
Classic Wines of California Distribution Company coordinates this wonderful program at Bronco Wine Company.
– Joseph S. Franzia, founder, is a Marine veteran with a Bronze Star and 3 purple hearts from The Vietnam War.
– Carlo Franzia, son of Fred T., is a Navy SEAL veteran with 2 tours. SEAL Team 7 Foxtrot Platoon BUD’s Class 236. Severed 2 tours: 2003 “Operation Iraqi Freedom”, 2005 “Operation Enduring Freedom”
– Paul Franzia, son of John, is an Army Reserve.
Partnership: Paws for Purple Hearts and Big Guy Wine Cellars
Big Guy Wine Cellars owned by Bronco Wine Company has committed to donating $2.00 of every case of wine sold to Paws for Purple Hearts, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping service veterans by providing them with the highest quality service dogs and canine assisted therapeutic programs. PPH’s goal is to improve the lives of American warriors facing mobility challenges and trauma related conditions such as PTSD and TBI. Big Guy Wine Cellars understands the sacrifices made by America’s veterans and wants to do its part to ensure Paws for Purple Hearts can continue to help those that have made the sacrifices that guarantee us our daily freedoms.
The Great American Wine Company Partnership with the National Park Foundation
Bronco Wine Company has utilized The Great American Wine Company to partner with the National Park Foundation as this brand seems to create a perfect pairing, Americana and sustainability for the planet and the parks. Bronco Wine Company has committed to donate $3 for every case sold to the National Park Foundation to help with the preservation of the National Parks as well as National monuments and history.
Members of the following organizations:
American Vineyard Foundation – Bronco Wine Company is a major contributor and helped raise over $32 million for critical research for our industry since the American Vineyard Foundation was established in 1979.
California Grocers Association – Damon Franzia, Joseph’s son, sits on the board
Christermon Foundation – Joseph S. Franzia, founder and board member since 1988
The Wine Institute – John Franzia and Joseph S. Franzia, board members, Dan Leonard and Chris Mifsud; Alternate Board members. Fred T. Franzia, Past President.
San Joaquin Grape Growers
Women of the Vine & Spirits – Diamond Members – Renata Franzia Price, sits on the board
Zero Waste- Gold Member – Robert Hall, project chair person